Thursday, July 11, 2013

Scary Health Commercial of the Day!

This commercial is amusing to me only because I actually used the medication therein to eventually quit smoking in 2006-ish*.

If you can't watch it at the moment or listen to it, it's basically a commercial for an anti-smoking drug that contains about a full minute of dire warnings about possible side effects of the drug, some of which seem more dire than actually smoking.

Anyway, this drug worked for me, but while I was on it, I had the most vivid, tiring, and bizarre dreams I've ever had in my life. So much so that dreaming, let alone sleeping in general, wasn't restful and I'd walk through my days like, "What is even happening right now?"

I would try to describe some of these dreams, but I think that would be irritating, like when you sometimes see a co-worker or friend in the morning and they do that whole, "Hey, I had the weirdest dream last night, okay there was a giant shoe and I was in the house where I grew up, but it wasn't actually the house I grew up" kind of thing. Which, you know, can be fine to mention in passing or on a brief facebook status update, but when the description goes on and on for several minutes it's just not super interesting or even easy to follow.

So, that's my deep thought of the day.


*Yes, unlike some people, I don't know my Quit Date.  Looking back,  my covert strategy against myself was to deny to myself that I was really, actually quitting. It was the only way it could have worked.

No comments: